I’ve personally shopped at Chicwish dating back to 2015 and shared many, many posts from the retailer on my blog. You can check out a few of them including my popular Free People look alike sweater, the dress I wore for family photos, a favorite poncho, and more! Today I am excited to officially partner with the brand for a 2022 Chicwish review. They are sponsoring this post, and I was given a certain amount of credit to purchase items on the website in order to be able to write this review honestly. The pieces you see pictured below were bought with the credit. Read on for details on how to determine your correct size, shipping time, clothing reviews, returns, and more.
What is Chicwish – 2022 Chicwish Review
First, what is Chicwish? It’s a great online retailer based mostly out of Asia though established in the UK and US as well. They offer everything from dresses, tops, skirts, and now even athleisure pieces and swimsuits. I have primarily purchased dresses and tops myself.
What to Know When Shopping at Chicwish
The first thing I wanted to tackle in my 2022 Chicwish review is the most important and the most fun – shopping! After shopping at Chicwish for years, I have learned a few tips that make the process easy for me. That means minimal to no “fails” with items as can often happen when shopping online.
- Measure yourself. Make a note on your phone and store the measurements. Order pieces only by those measurements, not your typical size. Sizing can vary, and you don’t want to end up in the wrong one.
- Scrutinize photos of the item carefully. I always look at all photos and use the magnifier to look at the material, quality, and detailing.
- Read the description thoroughly. Is the item lined? Are you okay paying for it if it isn’t? Look for details like that which would matter to you.
- Check reviews and photos posted of people wearing the item. They aren’t always there, but when available, they are helpful.
- Buy items seen on bloggers that you can read a review on before purchasing.
- Expect to need to wash or steam your items when they arrive. I have learned that my first judgment of the clothing item is often wrong simply because things do not look good when wrinkled.
What is Chicwish Shipping Like?
Curious what Chicwish shipping is like? I was too before my first order! You can read more on their full shipping policy here. They offer free shipping on orders over $50 which states it will arrive 8-10 days after it is shipped. On my recent order I selected the $5 first class shipping option which says the item will arrive 6-8 days after it is shipped. The website says, “Delivery Time = 3-4 business days processing time + Shipping time.” Here is what I experienced.
- Order Placed: March 18, 2022
- 1st Part of Order Shipped: March 25, 2022
- 1st Part of Order Arrived: March 28, 2022
- 2nd Part of Order Shipped: April 8, 2022
- 2nd Part of Order Arrived: April 11, 2022
As you can see, it took about 3 weeks for my total order to arrive. Once the items shipped, they arrived very quickly via the DHL courier service. I got emails/texts with updates about tracking. Between the first and second shipments, I did contact Chicwish via the email on their site, email@example.com, and received a reply right away. My items were being restocked and were shipped as soon as available.
I wanted to share the links to the items pictured in this post and review them for you individually. I’m 5’10 and typically wear an XS in most clothing. I ordered based on my measurements. If the measurements were close or I was worried about the length, I sized up.
- Lace Midi Dress, size small – This is a really pretty dress! It would make a great wedding guest dress. I was close on the measurements, so I sized up. I think I could have gone with my usual XS as the small is a tad big. It has sheer lace on those two tiny horizontal sections near the bust which is a fun touch.
- Eyelet Midi Dress, size small – This is the cutest spring dress! Side ties are fully functional making it totally adjustable. I am a sucker for eyelet, so this was a win for me. Also plenty roomy in the small for me but doesn’t look too big. Not available in the XS.
- Rainbow Ombre Dress, size XS – This is the only non-win of the order for me due to length. There is a liner under the dress and a slit almost up to the last button that is unfortunately way too short for me at my height. I think this is a gorgeous beach dress though!
- Green Blazer, size small – How fun is this oversized style green blazer?! I love the color. I paired it with this skirt below, but it will go with so many things. Together this was my favorite look of the order.
- White Pleated Skirt, size medium – I LOVE this skirt!! My favorite piece of the order. I sized up to a medium purely for length. The small would have fit just fine. I do think the XS would have been a little tight. It is actually a skort (shorts underneath) which is really fun.
- White Padded Shoulder Tee, size small – This is a really cute, casual t-shirt. Quality as expected.
- Daisy Bathing Suit, size large – I am so pleased with this swimsuit! It’s hard to find a fully adjustable top, and this one is adjustable in back and on the neck area with lined underwire cups – WIN! I sized up to a large based off measurements and it fits perfectly. I often size up on swimsuits due to my height, otherwise high waisted items don’t fit right.
- White Short Dress, size small – This is another really cute dress! One I knew I could order based on measurements and have it not be too short. The skirt is a little more full than I expected which is not a bad thing. Quality as expected.
- White Knit Shorts, size small/medium – I really like this with the padded shoulder top for a cute, casual matching set type look. Quality as expected though nude undergarments are a must as they are white. Another color option like the lilac might have been better.
What is the Chicwish Return Policy?
You can read the full return policy here. Essentially you can return your items within 30 days from the date the item was shipped to you. Returns are free for US and UK customers. A fee of $8 will be deducted from your return credit for customers in other countries. This is similar to how many other retailers conduct returns.
Chicwish Shopping Experience
To sum my 2022 Chicwish review up, I have had an overall positive shopping experience in the 6+ years I have been using the website. I hope you found these tips helpful! Be sure to follow Chicwish on Instagram and shop via their website for more! Leave me any questions you might have in the comments. And thank you to Chicwish for sponsoring this post.