What can I say, I’ve been on a bit of a dress kick here lately. I hope you don’t mind! When spring and summer get here, I love dresses and skirts. This colorful and playful striped midi dress is just too much fun! It might be my new favorite thing I own. I am and always have been a huge sucker for a good midi dress. I love being able to wear dresses, and a midi length lets me wear them while being with Ivy Jean. The quality of this dress is really good. It’s a heavy material. The straps tie – they are not sewed down. I have already washed it once, and it washed well.
What You Need to Know When Shopping at Chicwish
This cute striped dress is from Chicwish. Full disclosure, Chicwish sends me items for free but they do not pay me. I never write anything untrue about the items or give positive reviews if I don’t think it is worthy. They have not asked me to write this post. I do try to mention if something is scratchy, low quality material, etc. Or conversely, if it is great quality for the price like this dress. I often post items from them and receive questions about the quality/how to shop, so I wanted to write a post about it. So what do you need to know when shopping at Chicwish?
Chicwish is an Asian based retailer with a team in the US as well. If all the Asian retailers (SheIn, Goodnight Macaroon, etc.), I have had the best luck with the quality of items from Chicwish. Because of this, the free shipping option takes 10-12 days plus the 3-4 days processing time. Plan on about 2 weeks. You can return items, but returns are not free. You pay the $8.50 shipping fee back. More info here.
Another thing to understand is that you get what you pay for. This goes for shopping in general. Most of the items at Chicwish are around $50. They are typically cotton or polyester blends.
Tips for Shopping at Chicwish
After shopping at Chicwish for years, I have learned a few tips that make the process easy for me.
- Measure yourself. Make a note on your phone and store the measurements. Order pieces only by those measurements, not your typical size. Sizing can vary, and you don’t want to end up in the wrong one.
- Scrutinize photos of the item carefully. I always look at all photos and use the magnifier to look at the material, quality, and detailing.
- Read the description thoroughly. Is the item lined? Are you okay paying for it if it isn’t? Look for details like that which would matter to you.
- Check reviews and photos posted of people wearing the item. They aren’t always there, but when available, they are helpful.
- Buy items seen on bloggers that you can read a review on before purchasing.
- Expect to need to iron your items when they arrive. Remember shipping time is about 2 weeks so things get wrinkled. I have learned that my first judgement of the clothing item is often wrong simply because things do not look good when wrinkled.
- Be okay with trimming some loose strings.
Let me know if you have any questions!