This gingham bow back top is the cutest! I love the peplum detail! Plus it is only $20. Yas! I tried it on with my white jeans too, and it was super cute with them as well. I ended up wearing this to work on our casual Friday when it was raining like crazy though, so I opted not to wear white… This pink bag is a favorite from last year, and I found it on sale! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I am answering a few of the personal questions I got last week below.
- Do you have any hobbies outside of blogging? (Or did you pre-motherhood? That does tend to get in the way of hobbies! e.g. did you ever play any sports, a musical instrument, anything like that?) Such a fun question! I played sports all growing up. In high school I played basketball, volleyball, and softball. I love to be active. I also love to read, and before I got serious about the blog I actually ran a bakery out of my home. I love to bake and cook.
- Do you like musical theater? If so, what are some favorites you’ve seen? I really enjoyed going to the theater. Anytime I have gone to NYC, we have been sure to go to a show. That being said I don’t go regularly at home or anything.
- What’s your favorite song on the radio right now? Okay, I got this question twice, and I really wanted to leave it out, but that felt dishonest. The truth is, I love music. I always have the radio on in the car, and I love singing to Ivy Jean. Buuuttt I am just like the least cool person ever. I cannot tell you the name of a song or who sings it or anything cool on the radio. I never watch the cool shows on TV (I think I am the only blogger who doesn’t watch the Bachelor…). Anyway, I cannot tell you a favorite song on the radio right now. Do you still like me?
- What kind of lunch do you usually pack for work? (Or do you buy lunch?) Another fun one! I always pack my lunch. And it is always a peanut butter sandwich, no jelly. What I pack with it varies. Sometimes Greek yogurt and an apple. I generally eat different parts of my lunch throughout the day because I like to have a 3:00 snack. I often pack a bar (I like Oatmega or Kind bars a lot).
- You and Russ seem to be very faith-based, which I totally respect. How do you incorporate that into your blog and into your daily lives? I loved this thoughtful question. Our faith is very important to us. I would say that our faith is the lens through which we see the world. It informs our decisions, helps us see people, reminds us how we want to live, shapes how we view culture, etc. On a daily basis, we try to read scripture and be involved in church and our community. Related to my blog, I am constantly assessing how much money I spend, if my closet is too full, and if I am too caught up in my appearance and/or things that really don’t matter.