This gingham bow back top is the cutest! I love the peplum detail! Plus it is only $20. Yas! I tried it on with my white jeans too, and it was super cute with them as well. I ended up wearing this to work on our casual Friday when it was raining like crazy though, so I opted not to wear white… This pink bag is a favorite from last year, and I found it on sale! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I am answering a few of the personal questions I got last week below.
Gingham Tie Back Top
- Do you have any hobbies outside of blogging? (Or did you pre-motherhood? That does tend to get in the way of hobbies! e.g. did you ever play any sports, a musical instrument, anything like that?) Such a fun question! I played sports all growing up. In high school I played basketball, volleyball, and softball. I love to be active. I also love to read, and before I got serious about the blog I actually ran a bakery out of my home. I love to bake and cook.
- Do you like musical theater? If so, what are some favorites you’ve seen? I really enjoyed going to the theater. Anytime I have gone to NYC, we have been sure to go to a show. That being said I don’t go regularly at home or anything.
- What’s your favorite song on the radio right now? Okay, I got this question twice, and I really wanted to leave it out, but that felt dishonest. The truth is, I love music. I always have the radio on in the car, and I love singing to Ivy Jean. Buuuttt I am just like the least cool person ever. I cannot tell you the name of a song or who sings it or anything cool on the radio. I never watch the cool shows on TV (I think I am the only blogger who doesn’t watch the Bachelor…). Anyway, I cannot tell you a favorite song on the radio right now. Do you still like me?
- What kind of lunch do you usually pack for work? (Or do you buy lunch?) Another fun one! I always pack my lunch. And it is always a peanut butter sandwich, no jelly. What I pack with it varies. Sometimes Greek yogurt and an apple. I generally eat different parts of my lunch throughout the day because I like to have a 3:00 snack. I often pack a bar (I like Oatmega or Kind bars a lot).
- You and Russ seem to be very faith-based, which I totally respect. How do you incorporate that into your blog and into your daily lives? I loved this thoughtful question. Our faith is very important to us. I would say that our faith is the lens through which we see the world. It informs our decisions, helps us see people, reminds us how we want to live, shapes how we view culture, etc. On a daily basis, we try to read scripture and be involved in church and our community. Related to my blog, I am constantly assessing how much money I spend, if my closet is too full, and if I am too caught up in my appearance and/or things that really don’t matter.
Gingham and girly, yesssss. You look so cute here!
And uh, we can not watch the Bachelor together. I never got into it, lol. However, I will totally throw down an afternoon for a Housewives binge!
Le Stylo Rouge
Soo cute! Love the top xx
I loved the last question. Faith (no matter if religious or not) is SO important to me too and to my relaltionshop to my husband too. We do not go to church or anything, our faith is beyong any religion and yet it is soooo important to us 🙂
Beautiful post by the way! The top is so fun! Thank you a lot for your last comment on my blog : )
Sending much love!
Rosa Larissa Klara
conscious lifestyle of mine
love the top! so cute and perfesct for spring and summer. Loved your Q&A too.
This top is super darling, especially the back! And how cool – I didn’t know you were so sporty! Don’t worry, I don’t really watch the Bachelor either. I tried this season but couldn’t keep up hehe
Hi Amy, thank you for sharing more about yourself. I really love your Q&A. And this bow back top is gorgeous. You look stunning, sweetie. Big hugs to you and Ivy!
Omg that top is amazing! You look so cute dear! Amazing questions! Great to get to know about your a bit more! <3
Such great questions! I love that cute top! In fact I have a cute dress that I might DIY with the back like that! Thanks for the inspo!
My blog: RumelaTheShopaholic
I loved reading your personal Q&A!! I also usually bring a bagged lunch to work and I absolutely love that y’all incorporate your faith into your everyday lives!
That outfit is so cute! Loving the gingham!
Amy, this top is a dream. I have this on my wishlist too, so you’ve convinced me to pick it up!
Abby of Life in the Fash Lane
You look amazing as usual! I love the gingham with the bag, but those jeans are gorgeous! Great Q’s too, Amy! Always nice to get to know you better!
Raindrops of Sapphire
Just when I thought your top couldn’t get any sweeter – you turn around and BAM!
I am seriously in love with it!
Lizzie | Takeoffs & Landings
Gingham is my favorite spring trend! So cute. Love the look!
This top is the cutest! Love the gingham 🙂
This print suits you so well babe!! Hope you’re having a great Monday so far! <3
I bought this top and it looks 110% better on you, haha. I love the Q&A, such a good idea! xx
This is such a cute and chic outfit! And the back detail of the top totally adds up to the cuteness of this outfit! 🙂
I love this top – and then I saw the back and loved it even more.
Your personal Q&A got me thinking.
Maybe I should do one of my own on my blog.
Set to Glow