This gingham bow back top is the cutest! I love the peplum detail! Plus it is only $20. Yas! I tried it on with my white jeans too, and it was super cute with them as well. I ended up wearing this to work on our casual Friday when it was raining like crazy though, so I opted not to wear white… This pink bag is a favorite from last year, and I found it on sale! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I am answering a few of the personal questions I got last week below.
Gingham Tie Back Top
- Do you have any hobbies outside of blogging? (Or did you pre-motherhood? That does tend to get in the way of hobbies! e.g. did you ever play any sports, a musical instrument, anything like that?) Such a fun question! I played sports all growing up. In high school I played basketball, volleyball, and softball. I love to be active. I also love to read, and before I got serious about the blog I actually ran a bakery out of my home. I love to bake and cook.
- Do you like musical theater? If so, what are some favorites you’ve seen? I really enjoyed going to the theater. Anytime I have gone to NYC, we have been sure to go to a show. That being said I don’t go regularly at home or anything.
- What’s your favorite song on the radio right now? Okay, I got this question twice, and I really wanted to leave it out, but that felt dishonest. The truth is, I love music. I always have the radio on in the car, and I love singing to Ivy Jean. Buuuttt I am just like the least cool person ever. I cannot tell you the name of a song or who sings it or anything cool on the radio. I never watch the cool shows on TV (I think I am the only blogger who doesn’t watch the Bachelor…). Anyway, I cannot tell you a favorite song on the radio right now. Do you still like me?
- What kind of lunch do you usually pack for work? (Or do you buy lunch?) Another fun one! I always pack my lunch. And it is always a peanut butter sandwich, no jelly. What I pack with it varies. Sometimes Greek yogurt and an apple. I generally eat different parts of my lunch throughout the day because I like to have a 3:00 snack. I often pack a bar (I like Oatmega or Kind bars a lot).
- You and Russ seem to be very faith-based, which I totally respect. How do you incorporate that into your blog and into your daily lives? I loved this thoughtful question. Our faith is very important to us. I would say that our faith is the lens through which we see the world. It informs our decisions, helps us see people, reminds us how we want to live, shapes how we view culture, etc. On a daily basis, we try to read scripture and be involved in church and our community. Related to my blog, I am constantly assessing how much money I spend, if my closet is too full, and if I am too caught up in my appearance and/or things that really don’t matter.
This top is so cute. I love the bow detail on the back, it’s fun and so unexpected! Loved getting to know you a bit better. And you’re not alone with the bachelor, I didn’t watch it either. I never knew you ran a bakery out of your home, that’s so cool. What was your favourite thing to make?
Good to know all this about you. Thanks for sharing! I am loving your top my dear. i would love to get one myself.
Amy, I LOVE your top (SO CUTE!) and the Q&A was such a fun read! Love the fact that you and your husband have faith! My faith is very important to me as well! God first, always!
Happy Monday, babe!
That top is so cute! Adore the bow detail on the back x
What a great little Q&A, fun to learn more about you! Also- LOVE this blouse, those bows are too cute!
Love the gingham pattern, one of my favorites for spring! And the bow detailing on the back is just too cute!
Luci’s Morsels | fashion. food. frivolity.
This top is just darling, Amy Ann! And I love how you paired the gingham with the pink bag. These Q&As are so fun! I pack peanut butter sandwiches without jelly for my lunch too! So funny!! Happy Monday!
A Blonde’s Moment
I love this gingham top on you – the back of it is so cute! Q&As are always so fun to read. Happy Monday girly.
Wow! This blouse looks absolutely magic on you! Love it so so much <3
Awww loved reading more about you 🙂 Would love to see your favorite thing to bake!
What a cute top! Also, love the Q&A! What a fun idea. XO –
Anna | http://www.parkavenueblogger.com
Wooo Party in the back! Supercute top!
Thank you for the blog visit babe, hope to see you back for my latest!
Haute Khuuture Blog | Instagram
if it makes you feel any better I have NEVER watched the Bachelor haha. Zero interest for me there! Love your top Amy.
I really love those bows on the back! How pretty! =)
Mermaid in Heels
Your top is super cute. I love the detailing on the back. Perfect spring look I must say.x
I love learning more about you! Also adore this gingham peplum… super cute!
I can’t believe this top is only $20. It’s so beautiful and I love the way you styled it!
Ok… I was in love with this top when I saw the front of it, but the back? I’m in love! So cute!!!!! Thanks for sharing more about yourself with us. I always eat the same exact lunch everyday, too! Unless I go out for lunch with friends or the husband.
I just ordered this exact top! LOVE how you styled it!
Heidi || Wishes & Reality
I LOVE this look and how you’ve put it together. In fact I’ve just put up a wishlist and included a similar gingam top x
LAURA | Laura Thinks About