This gingham bow back top is the cutest! I love the peplum detail! Plus it is only $20. Yas! I tried it on with my white jeans too, and it was super cute with them as well. I ended up wearing this to work on our casual Friday when it was raining like crazy though, so I opted not to wear white… This pink bag is a favorite from last year, and I found it on sale! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I am answering a few of the personal questions I got last week below.
Gingham Tie Back Top
- Do you have any hobbies outside of blogging? (Or did you pre-motherhood? That does tend to get in the way of hobbies! e.g. did you ever play any sports, a musical instrument, anything like that?) Such a fun question! I played sports all growing up. In high school I played basketball, volleyball, and softball. I love to be active. I also love to read, and before I got serious about the blog I actually ran a bakery out of my home. I love to bake and cook.
- Do you like musical theater? If so, what are some favorites you’ve seen? I really enjoyed going to the theater. Anytime I have gone to NYC, we have been sure to go to a show. That being said I don’t go regularly at home or anything.
- What’s your favorite song on the radio right now? Okay, I got this question twice, and I really wanted to leave it out, but that felt dishonest. The truth is, I love music. I always have the radio on in the car, and I love singing to Ivy Jean. Buuuttt I am just like the least cool person ever. I cannot tell you the name of a song or who sings it or anything cool on the radio. I never watch the cool shows on TV (I think I am the only blogger who doesn’t watch the Bachelor…). Anyway, I cannot tell you a favorite song on the radio right now. Do you still like me?
- What kind of lunch do you usually pack for work? (Or do you buy lunch?) Another fun one! I always pack my lunch. And it is always a peanut butter sandwich, no jelly. What I pack with it varies. Sometimes Greek yogurt and an apple. I generally eat different parts of my lunch throughout the day because I like to have a 3:00 snack. I often pack a bar (I like Oatmega or Kind bars a lot).
- You and Russ seem to be very faith-based, which I totally respect. How do you incorporate that into your blog and into your daily lives? I loved this thoughtful question. Our faith is very important to us. I would say that our faith is the lens through which we see the world. It informs our decisions, helps us see people, reminds us how we want to live, shapes how we view culture, etc. On a daily basis, we try to read scripture and be involved in church and our community. Related to my blog, I am constantly assessing how much money I spend, if my closet is too full, and if I am too caught up in my appearance and/or things that really don’t matter.
Love how honest, true to yourself and genuine you are with your answers. I need to eat a little more peanut butter in my life, like have it with apples or bananas dipped in it. Believe it or not I only started eating it a few years ago. And I love the Bachelor/Bachelorette and have been watching it for about 15 years, way way before I blogged so I don’t think it has to do anything with me being a blogger. Rachel – the new bachelorette this Spring – is super cool and I am so excited to see her show soon.
That bow top is the cutest. Love the earrings and bag too.
This print suits you so well; very cute and chic!
Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com
THis blouse is super cute! The back detail is such a fun surprise
Loooove the bow detail on the back of that top! (P.S. I do not watch the Bachelor either!)
The gingham top is adorable, and I love the Q&A!
I also don’t watch the Bachelor and don’t get the obsession with it at all! Haha
Xoxo from Napa Valley!
This gingham top is the cutest, and I’m obsessed with the bows on the back! Baking and reading are also my two favorite pastimes, although I don’t get to do either that much these days between the blog and the twins.
Thank you a lot for your last comment on my blog and have a most wonderful day 🙂
Sending much love!
Rosa Larissa Klara
conscious lifestyle of mine
Whoa, I love the bows in the back! That’s soo cute and for only $20? What a steal! P.S. I love snacking on greek yogurt and apples too (not together though, hehe).
wow such a cute top! http://marciabcreative.blogspot.ca/2017/04/hanami-in-new-york.html
Loving the personal Q&A! Thanks for letting us into your world!
I am currently obsessed w/ gingham & I just adore this top!!
LeBellaGypsy.com l Instagram
I love your gorgeous top! The details at the back add so much life and fun to this whole look!
I have been living in mules lately too! Love them on you paired with that cute top! Hope you are having a great week!
Your top is the cutest! Love this relaxed, yet chic look!
What a fun top! I love the peplum and tie-back detail, so fun!
I loved getting to know you a little better through this post Amy Ann. We have a lot in common, with the exception of your clear athletic ability and my, well, lack of that 🙂 I also don’t keep up with “cool” shows and don’t watch the Bachelor (and I thought I was the only one!). I also eat PB, no J, sandwiches and love to cook and bake as well. I’d love to hear more about this bakery you ran out of your home!!
Such a fun top, Amy Ann. From the front, it looks like one thing and then from behind it’s really something different. Cute print too and of course I love the shoes!
Great top! Don’t feel bad about not knowing song artist / titles. I’m the same way girl. I might know all of the words to a song, jam out to it on the daily, but I’ll have no clue of the details. I pretty much have been clueless on any new music since like 2007 lol
What a fun post. FIrst, that top is AMAZING. SEcond, I’m also such a peanut butter girl… actually, almond butter, but close enough. 😉