After renting a car in San Francisco, Russ and I began our travel down the Pacific Coast Highway. I cannot recommend driving down the coast enough. It’s gorgeous! I also recommend driving south verses north so you are on the same side of the road as the coast. Better views! Today I’m sharing my Carmel travel diary. It was easily our favorite stop, and I’d love to go back with more time. The whole town is charming with beautiful flowers everywhere, and it’s easily walkable. I have to say thank you to Merritt from The Style Scribe who unknowingly helped me plan our trip. She was in Carmel a couple weeks before us, and through her snaps, I got some great info about where to eat.
Where we ate in Carmel
- Katy’s Place (pictured) – This cute diner is open for breakfast (served all day) and lunch. I have a major love for breakfast, so of course that is what I ordered even at lunch.
- The Bench at Pebble Beach – When I told Russ about seeing this on Merritt’s snap, he got so excited. Apparently Pebble Beach is a really well known golf course. I believe they have several dining options, but The Bench has amazing food and overlooks the 18th hole. It was so picturesque! They asked if we were celebrating anything when I called, and I told them we were expecting our first baby. When our check arrived, they had gifted us dessert. Wonderful experience! The outfit I am wearing is what I wore to dinner. It’s one of my recent favorites! The dress is just so good.
- Just a note, we only stayed one night and ate lunch and dinner, so these are the only two we tried. It looked like there were many good options!
Where we stayed in Carmel
- Hotel Carmel (pictured) – This was the most charming place! If I could, I’d stay there in every city I visited.
What to do in Carmel
- Explore Point Lobos State Park (pictured) – This beautiful state park has miles of hiking trails and beautiful views. It’s $10 to enter in your car. I recommend bringing a jacket!
- Walk around Carmel (pictured) – I promise you won’t be disappointed! With both local and larger retail stores, there is something for everyone.
- Golf at Pebble Beach – Russ would have loved getting to do this!
- 17 Mile Drive – You can pay to drive along a picturesque road on the way to Pebble Beach. If you eat there, your fee is reimbursed.
Dress c/o Chicwish // Bag: Forever21 // Shoes c/o Restricted Footwear (first seen here – use code STRAIGHTA for 25% off!) // Choker: Forever21 (option) // Sunglasses: Quay // Hat c/o Sole Society // Bracelet Set c/o Kendra Scott
Awwww how adorable is that hotel?! So-so cute! Also, I’m in love with this gorgeous floral dress! You styled it in such elegant and chic way! What a stunning outfit!
Looks like a relaxing place and trip. That dress and the black accessories is very lovely too.
Thanks for linking up to “Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me” today
Driving up and down the California coast is one of my favorite things. I love all the small adorable towns.
Carmel is beautiful, as is this look! Love the yellow. Beautiful photos!
Carmel was such a quaint town, loved how perfectly manicured all the streets and shops were!
Looks like a fab place to stay and I love your dress. Gemma x
I love your dress! The scenery is soo gorgeous x
Carmel looks beautiful and your hotel look so charming and peaceful. Love this dress on you, such a cute print and your sandals are amazing. Looks like you guys had great trip and made some wonderful memories:)
Sounds like a great time. Obsessed with the dress you worn on your trip! Lovely!
Beautiful pics! Looks like such a lovely place! Love that gorgeous maxi dress on you!
I love Carmel! We went to a wedding here and did the 17 mile drive after! Loving your fringe heels 🙂
Chow Down USA
That hotel and dress look gorgeous! I love this travel guide. Glad you had fun in Cali!
Julia // Little Miss Haute Couture
Carmel looks like such a gorgeous place to visit. I love all of the greenery! You can’t go wrong with plenty of delicious food options either. Your long floral dress is heavenly. :]
// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲
Carmel Sounds and looks to be a great place. Love your beige maxi dress, looks great on you 😉
XoXo – Vettae
Simply Vettae | Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog
Amazing dress and amazing style in general!
Erik from http://www.erikschlz.blogspot.com
I think my mom stayed there! I LOVE this dress! Such a delicate print and I love that you paired it with black shoes! You’re looking great and healthy, btw! XO
These photos are gorgeous! Your dress is perfect for summer!
Stylin In St. Louis
Such gorgeous photos! I’m loving your dress x
TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN
Carmel looks lovely. And I’m absolutely in love with your dress. The colours suit you so well!
Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com
Oh wow, the place looks so lovely and so do you! That dress is so pretty, I adore the backside 😀