After renting a car in San Francisco, Russ and I began our travel down the Pacific Coast Highway. I cannot recommend driving down the coast enough. It’s gorgeous! I also recommend driving south verses north so you are on the same side of the road as the coast. Better views! Today I’m sharing my Carmel travel diary. It was easily our favorite stop, and I’d love to go back with more time. The whole town is charming with beautiful flowers everywhere, and it’s easily walkable. I have to say thank you to Merritt from The Style Scribe who unknowingly helped me plan our trip. She was in Carmel a couple weeks before us, and through her snaps, I got some great info about where to eat.
Where we ate in Carmel
- Katy’s Place (pictured) – This cute diner is open for breakfast (served all day) and lunch. I have a major love for breakfast, so of course that is what I ordered even at lunch.
- The Bench at Pebble Beach – When I told Russ about seeing this on Merritt’s snap, he got so excited. Apparently Pebble Beach is a really well known golf course. I believe they have several dining options, but The Bench has amazing food and overlooks the 18th hole. It was so picturesque! They asked if we were celebrating anything when I called, and I told them we were expecting our first baby. When our check arrived, they had gifted us dessert. Wonderful experience! The outfit I am wearing is what I wore to dinner. It’s one of my recent favorites! The dress is just so good.
- Just a note, we only stayed one night and ate lunch and dinner, so these are the only two we tried. It looked like there were many good options!
Where we stayed in Carmel
- Hotel Carmel (pictured) – This was the most charming place! If I could, I’d stay there in every city I visited.
What to do in Carmel
- Explore Point Lobos State Park (pictured) – This beautiful state park has miles of hiking trails and beautiful views. It’s $10 to enter in your car. I recommend bringing a jacket!
- Walk around Carmel (pictured) – I promise you won’t be disappointed! With both local and larger retail stores, there is something for everyone.
- Golf at Pebble Beach – Russ would have loved getting to do this!
- 17 Mile Drive – You can pay to drive along a picturesque road on the way to Pebble Beach. If you eat there, your fee is reimbursed.
Dress c/o Chicwish // Bag: Forever21 // Shoes c/o Restricted Footwear (first seen here – use code STRAIGHTA for 25% off!) // Choker: Forever21 (option) // Sunglasses: Quay // Hat c/o Sole Society // Bracelet Set c/o Kendra Scott
Carmel is so beautiful! Looks like a great trip!
That hotel looks like such a lovely place to stay! I like your floral dress too, perfect for a summer trip! 🙂
Hope you’re having a great weekend 🙂
Away From The Blue Blog
Beautiful!! Loving this look, babe!
I loved seeing what you were up to through Snapchat! Looked like a fun trip with the hubs! Also, your dress is so pretty against the red flowers!
What a picturesque town! Definitely looks like a place I would love to visit!
Carmel looks so picturesque, did you run into Clint Eastwood ;-). Your dress is stunning
You look gorgeous in the floral dress! Have fun 🙂
You look so stunning Amy, I love that dress and I hope you had a great time!
This has been on my bucket list for years and we are finally planning a trip! Saving this post-thank you!
Heidi || Wishes & Reality
I’ve heard great things about Carmel, we’ll have to visit. I’m loving the dress.
That dress is so so beautiful & summery! Love how you paired it with a contrasting dark fringe sandal!
Love this! Thanks for sharing.
x Mai | Ohiamiht
Wow you look so pretty in this dress! I love the print and the shape of the sleeves is just adorable. Carmel looks like a wonderful place. I should really visit it one day – also because it almost sounds like my name 🙂
xx, Carmen – http://www.carmitive.com
What a stunning dress Amy! You look so lovely!
You made me miss SF. Been there twice and I still have so many things to see.
I’m as jealous of these pictures as your snaps from San Fran! Sounds like a fantastic adventure, especially that coastal drive and the food pictures look delicious! x
Viva Epernay | £100 Asos Voucher Giveaway! | Vote For Me – Beauty Blogging Awards
Amazing photos, love your dress!
Love your dress, and Carmel looks like a sweet place to visit!
What a fun little trip! I love driving the coast. Never been to Carmel but it looks so lovely and picturesque!
How gorgeous is this location?! Looks like you had a beautiful time here.
That dress is so pretty! I have been looking for a cute cold shoulder dress or top 🙂