After renting a car in San Francisco, Russ and I began our travel down the Pacific Coast Highway. I cannot recommend driving down the coast enough. It’s gorgeous! I also recommend driving south verses north so you are on the same side of the road as the coast. Better views! Today I’m sharing my Carmel travel diary. It was easily our favorite stop, and I’d love to go back with more time. The whole town is charming with beautiful flowers everywhere, and it’s easily walkable. I have to say thank you to Merritt from The Style Scribe who unknowingly helped me plan our trip. She was in Carmel a couple weeks before us, and through her snaps, I got some great info about where to eat.
Where we ate in Carmel
- Katy’s Place (pictured) – This cute diner is open for breakfast (served all day) and lunch. I have a major love for breakfast, so of course that is what I ordered even at lunch.
- The Bench at Pebble Beach – When I told Russ about seeing this on Merritt’s snap, he got so excited. Apparently Pebble Beach is a really well known golf course. I believe they have several dining options, but The Bench has amazing food and overlooks the 18th hole. It was so picturesque! They asked if we were celebrating anything when I called, and I told them we were expecting our first baby. When our check arrived, they had gifted us dessert. Wonderful experience! The outfit I am wearing is what I wore to dinner. It’s one of my recent favorites! The dress is just so good.
- Just a note, we only stayed one night and ate lunch and dinner, so these are the only two we tried. It looked like there were many good options!
Where we stayed in Carmel
- Hotel Carmel (pictured) – This was the most charming place! If I could, I’d stay there in every city I visited.
What to do in Carmel
- Explore Point Lobos State Park (pictured) – This beautiful state park has miles of hiking trails and beautiful views. It’s $10 to enter in your car. I recommend bringing a jacket!
- Walk around Carmel (pictured) – I promise you won’t be disappointed! With both local and larger retail stores, there is something for everyone.
- Golf at Pebble Beach – Russ would have loved getting to do this!
- 17 Mile Drive – You can pay to drive along a picturesque road on the way to Pebble Beach. If you eat there, your fee is reimbursed.
Dress c/o Chicwish // Bag: Forever21 // Shoes c/o Restricted Footwear (first seen here – use code STRAIGHTA for 25% off!) // Choker: Forever21 (option) // Sunglasses: Quay // Hat c/o Sole Society // Bracelet Set c/o Kendra Scott