Wondering how to wear wide leg jeans? All of sudden you are seeing this jean trend everywhere and they are so cute! But with new trends definitely comes new style challenges. Today I wanted to round up NINE different ways I have styled wide leg jeans to hopefully give you some style inspiration! This includes one new outfit!
How to Wear Wide Leg Jeans
Though you can technically wear a long top and wide leg jeans, I personally do not think this is the most flattering way to do it. Here’s my overall thoughts on styling wide leg jeans:
- Think about proportions. Feel free to wear a sweater and/or less fitted top, but try a full or front tuck when you do. Lots of examples of this below. This just keeps a nicer visual line.
- Try a shorter sweater that hits at the top of your jeans like the green one you see below.
- Want to layer? Go for it! Try tucking in your base layer and opting for a cropped layer like my cropped puffer vest, my shorter monochrome jean jacket paired with the black jeans, or the short pink puffer coat. This way you don’t loose your waist.
- Need a true coat? Try a full length one like the cream on cream look below. I would avoid something that hits mid thigh. This would simply add bulk where there is already width. This goes for the above point too.
- As for shoes, really anything goes! I personally love a white sneaker or Converse. Chunky boots work really well too for the cold winter months. See my post on how to wear Chelsea boots for more.
Full Outfit Here
My Favorite Wide Leg Jeans
In the top two styles I am wearing Madewell Perfect Vintage Wide Leg Jeans. They are available in a lot of washes and lengths. I have on the full length option, but there is a crop. In the next few (green sweater, black jeans, and brown jeans), I am wearing H&M high wide jeans. The restock often! The next green sweater and peach top are Madewell perfect vintage flare jeans which are truly a wide leg in my opinion as they don’t have much of a narrowing flare leg.