I’m excited to share the ultimate maternity leggings review! Everything you need to know about the best maternity leggings including pros and cons of each! I’m reviewing 6 different maternity leggings in hopes that when you need to order, you will have all the information you need to make an informed purchase.
A few of these were gifted, but most of them were purchased with my own money. All opinions are totally honest and unbiased. This post isn’t sponsored at all. My normal pre-pregnancy size is a small, and I am 5’10.
Spanx Faux Leather Maternity Leggings
I love my Spanx regular leggings!! I’ve done posts about how to style them here and here. It was a no-brainer that I wanted some Spanx faux leather maternity leggings! They were kind enough to send me a pair too, so I was thrilled to try them out.
- Fit: I am wearing a size medium in these which is what I prefer in the regular Spanx Leggings. I find the small a little tight to be comfortable especially during pregnancy.
- Pros: These fit really well! I feel like the faux leather finish has a slimming effect, and I like that the panel goes up high on my belly.
- Cons: None!
Zella Maternity Leggings in Camo and Black
I have been a long time fan of Zella leggings. I own them in the regular, and they have always been my go-to everyday leggings. A friend of mine passed on her black Zella maternity leggings, and they have probably been my most worn pair. The panel is the same legging material as opposed to being a different type.
- Fit: I am wearing a size small.
- Pros: These are thick, flattering, and super versatile. I think the combination of the thickness and way they suck you in while still being stretchy/comfy is ideal. The best everyday legging in my opinion.
- Cons: None!
Motherhood Maternity Essential Leggings
Motherhood was kind enough to gift me these leggings. They are the softest, stretchiest pair I have.
- Fit: I am wearing a size small.
- Pros: These are a great at home, comfy legging. Very stretchy.
- Cons: I don’t feel like these are as thick and therefore not as flattering, but it does make them very comfy.
Beyond Yoga Maternity Leggings
I ordered these Beyond Yoga maternity leggings on a whim during the Nordstrom sale, and they are my new favorites! I ordered the blue because I had the black Zella. However, they come in black too! The panel of them is the same material as the legging just extended up, like the Zella.
- Fit: I am wearing an XS because that is all they had when I ordered. I actually think they are the perfect fit.
- Pros: The material on these is kind of a heathered type, and it is incredibly soft! They suck me in while not being the least bit uncomfortable. I think this pair is the best mix of everyday and workout I have found.
- Cons: None!!
PinkBlush Maternity Leggings
PinkBlush has an amazing selection of all maternity clothes, especially active and leggings. They were kind enough to send me this pair of fun pink leggings! They are more of an active legging with a Nylon/Spandex blend as opposed to cotton.
- Fit: I am wearing a small, but if I had it to do over I would order a medium. The stretchy bump area hits me a little low and therefore doesn’t go up quite as high as I would like.
- Pros: I really like the more active style/fit of these. The material is super stretchy and perfect for walks – more nylon that cotton. I also love the bright, fun color.
- Cons: I wish the bump area hit me a little better so it went up higher.
The Best Maternity Leggings to Buy: Final Thoughts
There you have it – my ultimate maternity leggings review! So what are my overall thoughts and recommendations? In my opinion, the best pair is the Beyond Yoga. However, they do have a heathered look, so if you want an all around pair for everything I recommend the Zella in black. I’ll leave it up to you and your preferences on which of those two to pick.
If you are pregnant in fall/winter at all, I highly recommend the faux leather Spanx for an easy way to dress up your leggings/add some edge. It’s nice to have two pairs and one a little different than the other in my opinion.
Style on the Daily Weekly Link Up
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
Perfect maternity leggings! I will share this with my pregnant daughter!
I love that striped sweater- the colours are so pretty!
These are all super cute options! I love the bright pink ones and the camo ones on you!
You look gorgeous in all of these leggings, Amy Ann!
I hope you have a fabulous week!
Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin
Good to know that there are so many great options out there! Maternity fashion has come a long way!
Cheryl Shops | http://www.cherylshops.net
You look so pretty in all of them Amy! I wish I knew about these leggings when I was preggo with my son. I struggled with maternity pants at the time and was so frustrated that everything fit so big or small. I hope your week is going well and happy mid-week!
Maureen | http://www.littlemisscasual.com
I had NO idea so many brands had maternity leggings! This is awesome! Im sending this link to my pregnant sister!
Lee | LegalLee Blonde
Looking amazing sweet momma! Bring on all the leggings especially the camo and that hot pink pair – super cute <3
They all look so great on you! Stylish maternity wear ! They all look so comfortable.
Happy Easter weekend Amy!
You look so darn cute in leggings….well in anything if I’m being honest. XO
I wish they had these when I was pregnant years ago! All are so cute!
Jill – Doused in Pink
This is so great! I’m sharing it with my best friend who is pregnant right now! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston
I love those camo leggings! This is a great review and all of them are so flattering on you.
All so cute! I love Spanx and Zella for non-maternity too so it’s good to know they make maternity leggings for the future!
All I can say is where were these when I was pregnant?! You look beautiful. 🙂
Thanks for the link up!
Hope that your week is going well 🙂 Another week of working from home here!
So cute, Amy Ann! Maternity clothes get cuter and cuter all the time. I love all of your fun leggings. So perfect for pregnancy and for quarantine time!
The perfect pair of maternity leggings is a must! I even wore mine some in postpartum. You are such a beautiful mama!