I am so excited for today’s post! Ever since purchasing my Golden Goose sneakers, I have been planning a Golden Goose Superstar review. They are a huge commitment and major splurge I thought about for a LONG time, so I want to pass on all of my information to you in case you are considering the same. Below you will find Golden Goose sizing, fit, and why I love them. If you’re wondering where to buy Golden Goose, I also have you covered there. Plus, a cute new under $30 dress! Speaking of the outfit, I’m planning to do a follow up post soon with Golden Goose outfit ideas too.
Golden Goose Superstar Review – Where to Buy Golden Goose
First thing is first, where to buy Golden Goose? I bought mine through Nordstrom because I trust the company and they had my size in stock in the color I wanted. I found after looking for a while that it can be hard to find popular sizes in the neutral colors. Intermix, Saks, Shopbop, and all the major higher end retailers sell them. If you have your mind set on a specific pair/style, I recommend watching all of the sites until you see your ideal available.
Golden Goose Sizing and Fit
I typically wear an 8.5 in shoes/sandals and a 9 in sneakers. I bought the size 39, or US 9. Though they took a bit of breaking in since the toe was stuff, I think if I had gone up a size they would slip on my ankles. They are real Italian leather that comes predistressed. No two pairs are exactly alike which is why they are so expensive.
As for fit, they are not super bendable when they arrive. The leather is stuffer than I expected. I can and have walked in them for long periods of time, but they do not have arch support like a typical athletic tennis shoe. They have softened as I wear them, and I know they will continue to.
Are Golden Goose Worth It?
So after having them for a while now, are Golden Goose worth it? In my opinion, YES! Though I do wish they were a tad more comfortable, here’s why it is a yes for me:
- Unlike some other sneaker styles, these really are versatile. I wear mine with dresses, leggings, jeans, shorts, you name it.
- I have not been tempted to by any other fashion style sneaker since purchasing them. They are really all I need in my closet.
- I have worn them a TON. I packed them for our San Diego and beach trip and significantly reduced the amount of shoes I normally pack because they go with so much.
- To be honest, they just make me feel cool. As a mom, I wear flats a lot more than I ever have in the past, so having a comfortable shoe I still feel cool in maters to me.
- I actually love that they are predistressed. Not once have I worried about messing them up or getting them dirty with a toddler around!
Are Golden Goose Right for YOU?
As with any luxury item, I always say you have to take your own life and budget into account. If sneakers aren’t your style or if you are paying for them with money you do not have – do not buy them. I thought long and hard before making this purchase, and for the reasons above have gotten a ton of wear out of mine. Hope that helps and leave any questions you have below!