TGIF everyone! Today I am sharing two fun embroidered dresses I got recently from SheIn. In case you are new around here, I shared a post about how to shop at SheIn a while back with some good tips. I’ve had good luck with the site. Funny enough after seeing the photos of the shorter dress, I decided it was too short on my 5’10” frame. Whomp, whomp. I am usually pretty good at checking the length measurement and gauging it, so I was pretty bummed because I really like the colors and embroidery. The material is a bit thicker, so don’t expect it to be a super breezy summer dress.
I love, love, love this white midi dress. The contrasting red embroidery on the white fabric with the red tassels is just fun. It feels very me and is very practical for this stage in my life. I find midi dresses very versatile as I can wear them to work or church. I did add a slip underneath this one simply because it is white and not lined. The material on this one is not as thick.
Look #1 – White Midi Dress
Look #2 – Navy Mini Dress
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
I’ve seen several bloggers share lists of things you may not have known about them, and I personally really enjoy it. As a reader, I often feel like I know a blogger just because I’ve followed her for a while. It’s always surprising (in a good way) to learn characteristics unique to her. In that vein, I thought I’d share my own list (in no particular order). I want to really get to know you all! I’d love it if you share something about yourself in the comments.
- Russ is my high school sweetheart and best friend. We met on a mission trip through church between my junior/senior year and his sophomore/junior year (Yes, I’m older. Something he never lets me forget…). We’ve been together ever since!
- Russ is from Alabama, and I am from Oklahoma. My family moved there when I was in 6th grade, and it is where I graduated high school. I went back to Oklahoma for school and he stayed in Alabama. We have some serious football rivalries! We dated long distance all through college and got married as soon as we graduated. My degree was a 5 year program and his was 4 which worked out perfectly. We have now been married 8 years and together for 14. Wow, we are officially OLD!
- Related, I studied secondary math education in college and taught high school math briefly after college. I’m a total math nerd!
- I now work at a local university as an Admissions and Enrollment Coordinator. I went part-time when Ivy Jean was born, and I love the balance of working some but also being home with Ivy Jean some. I also love working in education but not teaching. The best of both worlds!
- Before I started blogging, I ran a bakery out of my home for a brief period of time. If you cannot tell from my Instagram stories, I LOVE sweets!
- Don’t let the blog fool you, I am a total introvert. Being in a crowd of people I don’t know scares the living daylights out of me. Relationships are crucial to me, but I prefer smaller, more intimate settings and plenty of time at home to recharge. I think this is why things like Instagram stories and sharing don’t come incredibly naturally to me. I truly want to connect with people, but I’m not necessarily very good at it. I always feel so dumb! Can anyone relate?? If only I was funny. 😉
- Once a month my closest girlfriends have dinner together and intentionally go around the table and share what’s really going on in our lives. We have been doing it for about 3 years, and it is one of the most life-giving, authentic things I have ever had the pleasure of being part of.
- Our church is planting another church, and one of our dearest friends is the pastor. Russ and I have the privilege of being members of the launch team, and it’s been so cool to join in what is happening.
- I’m really close to my immediate family who all live in Oklahoma but not in Tulsa. The older I get the more I realize just what a blessing it is to truly love and enjoy my family (even though that sounds totally cliche!).
- I am a coffee addict! I have two cups black every morning and sometimes another cup in the afternoon… I love it iced in the afternoon in the summer.
Awww, your little facts are so cute! I’m a sucker for high school sweetheart stories, I think they are adorable! I’m a total introvert too, I’m not great in big crowds haha. Love your embroidery dresses by the way, suit you so well!
with love, Bash | HEY BASH
Omg I really both dresses 😉
Btw, I’d love to work in a college setting! I keep seeing if my alma mater is hiring
You look amazing in everything! I wish I were tall 🙂 As a fellow introvert I must say again, I’d love to meet you! I’d probably need a glass of wine to come out of my shell though
Gorgeous outfit! You look stunning 🙂
Beauty, Life, Entertainment & Style
Amazing look !
Love learning more about you! My husband and I are high school sweethearts-how neat that you and your hubby are too!
U look so beautiful in both the dresses, love this….xx, Neha
I love all the dresses! And I loved learning more about you. I think this is a super cute way to add in some details about yourself to a post. I’m also an introvert, and that’s partly why I like blogging- to get some social interaction and a creative outlet.
Julia・Little Miss Haute Couture
I love how you style the laid back outfit! 🙂
Angelie // Blogger Mail: Faby Nails Haul
Love all your looks. Perfect dress babe! You’re flawless!
Have a fabulous weekend ahead!
Much love, Len
Love this post for so many reasons! And I would NEVER guess you are an introvert! You always seem natural on your IG stories, too! I still haven’t gotten the courage to do a talking one. And these dresses look like amazing quality!
xo Adri | http://www.adrilately.blogspot.com
I’m absolutely smitten with these dresses especially the white one!
Tamara – LoveofMode.com
What a great list and beautiful dresses too!
Have a lovely weekend 🙂
Both of these dresses look great on you. I’m a sucker for anything navy, but I also think the tie-waist of the white dress is super flattering. Loved reading your 10 things and that you married your high school sweetheart! I met my husband when I was a senior in high school- we went to the same school, but didn’t meet until after he had already graduated a year before me. We’re feeling old lately too after having known one another for over 10 years now! But time really does go by quickly. Have a wonderful weekend, Amy!
Love these dresses, especially the midi! The sleeves are to die for
Loved reading all of these tidbits about you! I met my husband when I was 12 and he was 15! Running a bakery out of your home sounds fun, maybe you can do it again someday. I love the vibrant colors from the embroidery and tassels on this dress!
Love both dresses you got! So much summer vibes!
The Daniel Originals | Instagram: danielpoonvignez
Loved this post and getting to know you a little better! I love that y’all are high school sweethearts – so sweet!! Have a great weekend! XO –
Anna | http://www.parkavenueblogger.com
I love that white embroidered dress, it’s so summery and fun–it’s a party in dress form! And I loved reading your facts! My husband is a high school math teacher, so he’s a math nerd too 🙂 I’m more of a book nerd, ha! Also, I totally identify with #6. That is me too all the way. And I also have a big sweet tooth and love to bake. I daydream sometimes about owning my own ice cream shop or book store (or a combo of both!).