TGIF everyone! Today I am sharing two fun embroidered dresses I got recently from SheIn. In case you are new around here, I shared a post about how to shop at SheIn a while back with some good tips. I’ve had good luck with the site. Funny enough after seeing the photos of the shorter dress, I decided it was too short on my 5’10” frame. Whomp, whomp. I am usually pretty good at checking the length measurement and gauging it, so I was pretty bummed because I really like the colors and embroidery. The material is a bit thicker, so don’t expect it to be a super breezy summer dress.
I love, love, love this white midi dress. The contrasting red embroidery on the white fabric with the red tassels is just fun. It feels very me and is very practical for this stage in my life. I find midi dresses very versatile as I can wear them to work or church. I did add a slip underneath this one simply because it is white and not lined. The material on this one is not as thick.
Look #1 – White Midi Dress
Look #2 – Navy Mini Dress
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
I’ve seen several bloggers share lists of things you may not have known about them, and I personally really enjoy it. As a reader, I often feel like I know a blogger just because I’ve followed her for a while. It’s always surprising (in a good way) to learn characteristics unique to her. In that vein, I thought I’d share my own list (in no particular order). I want to really get to know you all! I’d love it if you share something about yourself in the comments.
- Russ is my high school sweetheart and best friend. We met on a mission trip through church between my junior/senior year and his sophomore/junior year (Yes, I’m older. Something he never lets me forget…). We’ve been together ever since!
- Russ is from Alabama, and I am from Oklahoma. My family moved there when I was in 6th grade, and it is where I graduated high school. I went back to Oklahoma for school and he stayed in Alabama. We have some serious football rivalries! We dated long distance all through college and got married as soon as we graduated. My degree was a 5 year program and his was 4 which worked out perfectly. We have now been married 8 years and together for 14. Wow, we are officially OLD!
- Related, I studied secondary math education in college and taught high school math briefly after college. I’m a total math nerd!
- I now work at a local university as an Admissions and Enrollment Coordinator. I went part-time when Ivy Jean was born, and I love the balance of working some but also being home with Ivy Jean some. I also love working in education but not teaching. The best of both worlds!
- Before I started blogging, I ran a bakery out of my home for a brief period of time. If you cannot tell from my Instagram stories, I LOVE sweets!
- Don’t let the blog fool you, I am a total introvert. Being in a crowd of people I don’t know scares the living daylights out of me. Relationships are crucial to me, but I prefer smaller, more intimate settings and plenty of time at home to recharge. I think this is why things like Instagram stories and sharing don’t come incredibly naturally to me. I truly want to connect with people, but I’m not necessarily very good at it. I always feel so dumb! Can anyone relate?? If only I was funny. 😉
- Once a month my closest girlfriends have dinner together and intentionally go around the table and share what’s really going on in our lives. We have been doing it for about 3 years, and it is one of the most life-giving, authentic things I have ever had the pleasure of being part of.
- Our church is planting another church, and one of our dearest friends is the pastor. Russ and I have the privilege of being members of the launch team, and it’s been so cool to join in what is happening.
- I’m really close to my immediate family who all live in Oklahoma but not in Tulsa. The older I get the more I realize just what a blessing it is to truly love and enjoy my family (even though that sounds totally cliche!).
- I am a coffee addict! I have two cups black every morning and sometimes another cup in the afternoon… I love it iced in the afternoon in the summer.