TGIF everyone! Today I am sharing two fun embroidered dresses I got recently from SheIn. In case you are new around here, I shared a post about how to shop at SheIn a while back with some good tips. I’ve had good luck with the site. Funny enough after seeing the photos of the shorter dress, I decided it was too short on my 5’10” frame. Whomp, whomp. I am usually pretty good at checking the length measurement and gauging it, so I was pretty bummed because I really like the colors and embroidery. The material is a bit thicker, so don’t expect it to be a super breezy summer dress.
I love, love, love this white midi dress. The contrasting red embroidery on the white fabric with the red tassels is just fun. It feels very me and is very practical for this stage in my life. I find midi dresses very versatile as I can wear them to work or church. I did add a slip underneath this one simply because it is white and not lined. The material on this one is not as thick.
Look #1 – White Midi Dress
Look #2 – Navy Mini Dress
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
I’ve seen several bloggers share lists of things you may not have known about them, and I personally really enjoy it. As a reader, I often feel like I know a blogger just because I’ve followed her for a while. It’s always surprising (in a good way) to learn characteristics unique to her. In that vein, I thought I’d share my own list (in no particular order). I want to really get to know you all! I’d love it if you share something about yourself in the comments.
- Russ is my high school sweetheart and best friend. We met on a mission trip through church between my junior/senior year and his sophomore/junior year (Yes, I’m older. Something he never lets me forget…). We’ve been together ever since!
- Russ is from Alabama, and I am from Oklahoma. My family moved there when I was in 6th grade, and it is where I graduated high school. I went back to Oklahoma for school and he stayed in Alabama. We have some serious football rivalries! We dated long distance all through college and got married as soon as we graduated. My degree was a 5 year program and his was 4 which worked out perfectly. We have now been married 8 years and together for 14. Wow, we are officially OLD!
- Related, I studied secondary math education in college and taught high school math briefly after college. I’m a total math nerd!
- I now work at a local university as an Admissions and Enrollment Coordinator. I went part-time when Ivy Jean was born, and I love the balance of working some but also being home with Ivy Jean some. I also love working in education but not teaching. The best of both worlds!
- Before I started blogging, I ran a bakery out of my home for a brief period of time. If you cannot tell from my Instagram stories, I LOVE sweets!
- Don’t let the blog fool you, I am a total introvert. Being in a crowd of people I don’t know scares the living daylights out of me. Relationships are crucial to me, but I prefer smaller, more intimate settings and plenty of time at home to recharge. I think this is why things like Instagram stories and sharing don’t come incredibly naturally to me. I truly want to connect with people, but I’m not necessarily very good at it. I always feel so dumb! Can anyone relate?? If only I was funny. 😉
- Once a month my closest girlfriends have dinner together and intentionally go around the table and share what’s really going on in our lives. We have been doing it for about 3 years, and it is one of the most life-giving, authentic things I have ever had the pleasure of being part of.
- Our church is planting another church, and one of our dearest friends is the pastor. Russ and I have the privilege of being members of the launch team, and it’s been so cool to join in what is happening.
- I’m really close to my immediate family who all live in Oklahoma but not in Tulsa. The older I get the more I realize just what a blessing it is to truly love and enjoy my family (even though that sounds totally cliche!).
- I am a coffee addict! I have two cups black every morning and sometimes another cup in the afternoon… I love it iced in the afternoon in the summer.
Okay, I sort of want to comment on each of the things you shared haha! This was such a fun post!! I had no idea your degree was in secondary math education (mine is secondary English education). I’m starting my 3rd year teaching! Also love that you had a bakery!! We would definitely be friends because my sweet tooth is always out of control and I love to bake as well! 🙂 Happy Friday!
Katherine | http://www.oneswainkycouple.com
What stunning dresses! Love it in both colors. And omg those sleeves are gorgeous!
Love love love this white dress too! I think the pops of red are so perfect! So, I also work in math and tutor in it as well. Andddd I love being in education but do not want to be a teacher! Now we really need to get queso!!!
Denise | Fashion Love Letters
I am also a math nerd, so fun!
My Vogue Style | http://www.myvoguestyle.com
These dresses are both so pretty! And I loved reading your ten facts! I actually think I knew most of them (except #8) so I’m patting myself on the back! LOL! I’m 100% with you on Instagram stories. I am amazed at people who can naturally just narrate their entire day. I can’t even listen to myself talk that much. 🙂
Gina || On the Daily Express
You look beautiful! Loving both dresses – such pretty detail. And I love these fun facts – love that you and Russ are high school sweethearts. I understand #7. I am more extroverted, but as much as I love being with a group, I love meaningful conversation with Stephen or my closest friends/family in a more intimate setting. Hope you have a great weekend!
Zelle | Southern Style
What a fun read. I can totally relate to the introvert—I almost think that blogging lends itself to more introverts?? If we were at a party—I’d hang with you—it’s hard for me to go up to people I don’t know!
I was going to say, for the shorter dress, you need one of those dress extenders! Of course, it’d also be perfect as a bathing suit cover up too??
Both dresses are SO gorgeous and I love the embroidery detail! LOVED learning more about you! So awesome that Russ is your high-school sweetheart! And you and I both are total introverts! I get totally drained in big crowds and need pretty regular alone time! Happy Friday girl!
I love both dresses on you! You can definitely wear the shorter one as a beach coverup! That’s what I do with all my short, lightweight dresses haha! I love reading this and it is amazing that you and your husband have been to gather for 14 years and it half of it was long distance! I am a math nerd and introvert. I prefer to be at home haha!
Have you seen that quote, “Introverts unite! In their own homes, separately.” LOL, always makes me laugh. Have a great weekend Rach!
Love the dresses especially the white one. Lovely to read your 10 things and learn some more about you. Have a lovely weekend.
Loved getting to know you better, would love to meet you in person one day. Of course I’m loving these dresses.
I would love that so much too! I feel like we’ve been blogging friends for so long – it’s time!
Those dresses look amazing on you!! Loved the photos!
Have an awesome day!
In love with the dark blue dress!! So chic!
MES VOYAGES À PARIS
NEW POST: CASUAL & COMFY FOR SUMMER – HOLLYWOOD SIGN
You look incredible in both the dresses! Although the navy one is a little too short for you, I think it looks incredible! The white embroidered one looks amazing on you too! x
TOUCHOFGS // BLOGLOVIN
Both of these dresses are adorable! Even though the navy one is short, you could totally wear it as a tunic, too.
I also love how you shared more about yourself…#7 is totally something I can relate to because that’s so me! I think your Instastories are great and you’d never know you feel awkward. And of course you know I have the same baking addiction/sweet tooth 😉
I love that we have the baking thing in common! Glad I am not the only one on #7.
You rock embroidered dresses so well, Amy! I am obsessed with the navy one though!
Jessica | notjessfashion.com
These embroidered are dresses are both beautiful! Thanks for sharing these facts, it’s so nice to learn more about you!
Both dresses are gorgeous. Real show stoppers! Good to find out more about you Amy. Have a great weekend xx
Wow, 14 years together! You and Russ are wonderful together! 🙂 It’s also so nice to learn more about you, it’s so cute that you ran a bakery from your own home before blogging and also, I can totally relate to you on nr.7. 🙂
You’re looking gorgeous in both of these dresses, but that white number is my fave! 🙂
Thank you so much! Russ is amazing, and I feel so thankful to have such a great spouse. Glad you relate on #7!
I recently placed an order from SheIn and everything was great, their dresses are so cute and the quality is amazing for their prices. A girl cannot have too many dresses right? 🙂 Happy Friday Amy xx