I often get questions on Instagram about how to shop at SheIn. Every look you see featured today has an item from SheIn including this adorable gingham dress. With a few easy tricks, I have had a lot of success shopping at the site. Yes, I do work with them (i.e. they send me free clothing), but this post is not sponsored. They do not pay me. I just thought I’d pass along what I have learned along the way.
How to Shop at SheIn
- Expect the quality you pay for – For the most part, items at SheIn are $20 or less. You cannot pay under $20 and expect designer quality. If you shop at Forever21 or places of the like, the quality is similar.
- Order sizes by measurements – I keep my measurements on a note in my phone. Each time I order a piece, I order by the measurements. The sizes vary and are not always the same as US sizes. I’ve also found that the sizes on item types are not always the same across the board. I always check on each item what I will wear by my measurements, and I have never gotten the wrong size that way.
- Scrutinize the photos and reviews – Often there are many photos of the actual garment on the model and of people who have bought it. I check these and reviews.
- Be prepared to wear slips/camis – Related to number one above, dresses and tops are often not lined and sometimes need slips or camis. This doesn’t bother me when I remember the price, but if you are a person who prefers a lined garment, you might consider not ordering specific items.
- Shipping takes a while – Because it is coming from overseas, shipping usually takes about 2 weeks. If you are ordering for a specific event or season, be sure to plan in advance. Also, because of the long shipping time you usually need to wash and iron items before wear.
3-D Floral Blouse, $18 (I added the cami) – original post here
One Shoulder Ruffle Dress (not wearing a slip), $28 – original post here
Bell Sleeve T-Shirt, $10 – original post here
Floral Wrap Dress, $26 (I did not feel like I needed a slip), – original post here
Embroidered Dress (wearing a slip underneath), $19 – original post here
Bow Back Gingham Top (I added the cami because of the open back not because of the quality of the top), – original post here
Let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything you wanted to know that I didn’t cover! Happy Friday everyone. Also, sorry I have been a little MIA from the blogging world this week. With our move and a few related snafus, things have been a little crazy. I hope things settle down next week and I can get back into the normal swing of things.
Great tips. I have not shopped at Shein. But will check it out. All your outfits look fab. Swooning over your bell sleeve top. Have a great evening beautiful.
SheIn is absolutely new website for me but I like the way you are promoting it. If it has such a beautiful dresses then I would like to buy some for myself also..
Thanks for sharing.
I haven’t heard of the website before but I love the pieces that you’re wearing!! Thanks for sharing all of your helpful tips! Have a lovely Sunday gorgeous!
Love, Layla Rosita | http://www.laylarosita.com
I keep hearing about this Sheln company, I think I need to check them out! Love all your looks
Love the white dress ! thanks for sharing your tips Amy !
I never bought anything on SheIn but I love your looks and the way you style their pieces. Thank you for sharing your tips, Amy.