Long Sleeve Lace Dress + Third Trimester Bumpdate

October 5, 2016

When I saw this long sleeve lace dress by BCBG, I knew I had to have it. I love the nude underneath with the black overlay. Thankfully, A Pea in the Pod carries the maternity version (also available in cream), and they were kind enough to send it to me. You can find the exact non-maternity option here. BCBG has always carried some of my favorite dresses, so I was thrilled to find they have a maternity line. You can shop other non-maternity pieces here.

Let’s be real, pregnancy isn’t a time when you feel particularly sexy. I’ve been fortunate enough to find some clothes I really like and even more fortunate that blogging has allowed me to have a great maternity wardrobe. But most of those clothes aren’t items I’d see and think, “now that’s a date night look.” Thank goodness for this dress. It totally made me feel date night ready, and that is just what I wore it for. So if you are in the market for a sassy dress (maternity or non-maternity alike), this is it. If it’s warm enough, I am going to wear it to a wedding too.

Also, you’ve got to check out my earrings. If you’re a long time reader, you know Purple Peridot is a favorite of mine. I have these beaded tassel earrings in just about every color as well as their tassel ear jackets. Between the two, I rarely wear anything else. They are light and affordable. You can use STRAIGHTASTYLE for 10% off anything on their site (including the cute plaid scarves!). And my Chloe dupe bag is under $30 and comes in several colors!

bcbc-long-sleeve-lace-dress, nude heels, chloe dupe bag, maternity date night idea, stylish maternity outfit bcbc-long-sleeve-lace-dress, nude heels, chloe dupe bag, maternity date night idea, stylish maternity outfit bcbc-long-sleeve-lace-dress, nude heels, chloe dupe bag, maternity date night idea, stylish maternity outfit bcbc-long-sleeve-lace-dress, nude heels, chloe dupe bag, maternity date night idea, stylish maternity outfit bcbc-long-sleeve-lace-dress, nude heels, chloe dupe bag, maternity date night idea, stylish maternity outfit bcbc-long-sleeve-lace-dress, nude heels, chloe dupe bag, maternity date night idea, stylish maternity outfit

Long Sleeve Lace Dress

Long Sleeve Lace Dress: BCBG c/o A Pea in the Pod, exact non-maternity // Nude Heels: BCBG (on sale!) // Chloe Dupe Bag (comes in several colors!) // Earrings c/o Purple Peridot (use code STRAIGHTASTYLE for 10% off)

Third Trimester Bumpdate

Holy cow, it is hard to believe I am officially in my third trimester! We are so thankful for a healthy baby. Today I am 28 weeks. Whoa. It’s been a while since I shared a pregnancy update, but you can find my first trimester and twenty week updates here and here if you’re interested. Our infertility story is also linked on my about page. If fashion is your thing, feel free to skip this part.

Well, I failed my glucose test. There is still hope I may pass the longer one yet to come that takes all morning and involves lots of blood being drawn. Whomp Whomp. I just got this news yesterday, and I’d by lying if I didn’t tell you I was pretty displeased. After almost three years, I am so tired of bad news and needles. Sometimes I feel so frustrated that something which is supposed to be so natural has been so difficult for us every step of the way.

In the midst of my bad mood, grumpy texts to friends, and pity party, God faithfully nudged me to peace. I am not in control. Life is not perfect. I am not perfect. No matter how much I try to make it be so, my efforts are not what determines my worth. Thank goodness. Every time I learn this lesson, I think surely it will be the last. I won’t have to learn it again. But this thick skull of mine always seems to need another round.

I had other words planned for in the format of previous updates, but here is what I know: I am the mother to be of a healthy baby. I am married to the most wonderful man alive. I have the best family and community. We have good jobs and a house we love. There is so much to be thankful for. In the midst of all the other in betweens life hands us, I hope to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord. That’s what it’s all about anyway.

You Might Also Like

127 Comments

• Reply The Wardrobe Stylist October 15, 2016 at 8:23 am

You look stunning in the LBD. Looking great as preggers and is a plus plus! Believe me, it’s not easy and I am sure you know that by now. Would love if you can link up to http://the-wardrobe-stylist.com/2016/10/10/easy-diy-halloween-decorations/

• Reply ADA October 12, 2016 at 11:12 am

First of all that lace LBD is gorgeous. Who knew BCBG makes maternity dresses? I own a few of their dresses and some blouses and shoes so I love them! You styled this so well for date night and I cannot wait to see what you do with it for a wedding. Those tassel earrings are gorgeous and I need a few pairs myself. I think this dress would look gorgeous with your Blanc NYC Moto Jacket too. I actually wore a leather jacket over a maxi dress on my blog today and I thought of you because you have done similar looks before flawlessly. Come take a peak, I think you’d approve lol.

As far as the pregnancy, thanks for your update. I love reading pregnancy updates. First, I must say you are the best-dressed and most dressed up pregnant mommy-to-be ever! I bet you get compliments every day at work. I am so sorry for all you have gone through. I hate needles too and I had to take several tests while pregnant, a lot of which were done in the last two months of my pregnancy. I even fainted twice. But like you said you have so much to be thankful for and you and Russ will soon be parents to a healthy little miracle. And you glow a hundred times more if that was even possible. Plus I love seeing your baby bump under the gorgeous dresses you wear. You my friend are a fighter and a survivor and a beautiful woman doing it all and doing it all very well. Look where this little blog has gone in less than two years! AMAZING!

I cannot wait to see your style as a mom and how you will dress your babe, cause dressing babies and little ones is so much fun!

Anyway, this was the longest comment I may ever written, even longer than some of my posts but I am being 100% honest. I love you and will keep you in my thoughts so it is all smooth for you till the end!

<3 Ada. Happy Hump Day!!

• Reply Leta G. October 11, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Very cute!

Your daily inspiration and motivation on http://www.letucc.com

• Reply Anaivilo Borsa October 8, 2016 at 5:25 am

How wonderful that dress is! I love the pattern, the design and the elegance of it!
    I am sure you will do great with your pregnancy, I wish you all the best! Everyone has ups and downs, but as you say, it’s wonderful that your baby is healthy!

Happy weekend!

• Reply Dawn Lucy October 7, 2016 at 6:44 pm

You are such a hot mama-to-be! Sorry about your glucose test. I’m sorry to admit that I’m not sure what it means when it comes to pregnancy, but if the baby is healthy, then I’m super happy for you and Russ!

Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday!

OXOX
    Dawn Lucy

• Reply Nicole Mölders October 7, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. Great dress.

• Reply Miki October 6, 2016 at 11:38 pm

Great dress. My closet used to be full of BCBG dresses. They have such an amazing selection every season. I almost never leave without buying at least a few – it’s hard to leave. lol
    Sorry the test didn’t go as you hoped, but I hope it’s an easy fix and glucose levels are where you need it to be in no time.

Xo,
    Miki

• Reply Adri Cisneros October 6, 2016 at 10:59 pm

You have the best spirits Amy! Life isn’t always easy, but finding those things you can be positive about is what matters most. But I just have to say this dress has to be my favorite of all time! I would want to find all the places to wear this to!
    xo Adri | http://www.adrilately.blogspot.com

• Reply Little Miss Fashion Queen October 6, 2016 at 10:59 pm

I’m sorry your glucose test didn’t go as planned. Hope the next one is better! You look stunning though, if that makes you feel better. Pregnancy agrees with you!

God bless,

XO, Claire

• Reply Jackie October 6, 2016 at 9:54 pm

First of all, you look incredible, though I can imagine why you don’t feel your best at the moment.

Second, I’m sorry to hear you failed the glucose test. It really stinks to have so many hiccups along the way, but obviously a healthy baby is most important and I’m sure all of the bad things will soon be forgotten and replaced with joy <3

Jackie
    Something About That

• Reply tr3ndygirl October 6, 2016 at 8:40 pm

this dress very sensual on you, amazing model
    I’d love to know your opinion on my NEW OUTFIT
    have an happy day
    kiss
    —> tr3ndygirl fashion & beauty blogger <—

• Reply Tessy Onyia October 6, 2016 at 8:34 pm

Am so sorry about the test, you will be fine and you look awesome as always.

• Reply Michelle @ Jarrah Jungle October 6, 2016 at 8:19 pm

You look beautiful what a great maternity dress! There’s a saying I try to think about when I have bad news and shitty things hit me all at once … just because you have a bad day doesn’t mean you have a bad life x

• Reply Julia Mazzucato October 6, 2016 at 8:13 pm

This looks so amazing on you! Those earrings are to die for (unfortunately my ears aren’t pierced so I can only dream).
    So sorry to hear about the glucose test, but what you wrote about God nudging you to peace made me so happy when I read it. It’s so true! I’ve been thinking about you and Russ and sending love your way from Cali <3

Julia // Little Miss Haute Couture

• Reply Rina Doria October 6, 2016 at 8:10 pm

The pattern on that dress is simply stunning. And you’re such a trooper for still doing heels in your 3rd trimester! I can’t even believe you’re there already!

xoxo Rina

• Reply Ianne Cabangon October 6, 2016 at 7:33 pm

I truly adore this stunning piece! such a lovely dress on you just like you.
    xo, Christianne

• Reply Jodi-Kay Edwards October 6, 2016 at 5:49 pm

Such a beautiful dress! You look stunning! 🙂

• Reply Jackie October 6, 2016 at 5:19 pm

You look stunning Amy! I just love that dress its perfect for a date night or girls night. The detail is beautiful and how awesome that it comes in both maternity & non-maternity!
    Sorry to hear you have to do the long version of the glucose test. I know that must have been frustrating to hear but just remember you’re that much closer to meeting your beautiful babe 🙂 And this will all be but a distant memory for you in a couple of months.

xo, Jackie
    stylemydreams.com

• Reply Michelle Orsi October 6, 2016 at 4:24 pm

You look amazing! I can’t believe how quickly your pregnancy is going!

• Reply Ramona October 6, 2016 at 3:41 pm

You look stunning in this gorgeous dress.
    I’m so sorry about your glucose test. I will send all the positive thought to you and baby and keep in my mind fingers crossed that everything will be good.
    xoxo