How fun is this lace up sweater (it’s not maternity)? I love the blush color, and it gave me a good excuse to wear my Chloe dupe patchwork bag again. I just love the colors in it. Oh, and the $30 price tag. I paired my sweater with distressed denim. This has been one of my favorite maternity pairs. I cannot believe it’s the first time they are making a blog appearance as they are my weekend go-to. I’m linking a couple non-maternity favorites below.
Not sure why, but I don’t have many words today. Here’s a few random things I’ve been doing and/or thinking about.
- I’m just finished reading Shauna Niequist’s latest book, Present Over Perfect. If you’re a fellow struggler in this area, it’s a good read. She’s one of my favorite authors. Her book Bread and Wine inspired me to suggest our monthly girl’s dinner. We intentionally share the real parts of our life with each other over a great meal. Two years later it is still going strong and remains a highlight of my month. This book really made me think about how I respond to God’s love and how that plays out in my life.
- Russ and I have been using our spare time to arrange shower gifts and clean out closets to get ready for baby.
- We also just finished redoing our upstairs bathroom (what will be the kid bath). I love how it turned out! You can follow along with the progress on snapchat (straightastyle) and/or Insta stories.
- This turkey meatball recipe is my current favorite. I usually double the recipe. We’ve eaten them alone with marina and a salad, over cauliflower rice, etc.
- Did you know my due date is December 28th and Russ’s birthday is Christmas day? We may have two Christmas babies! It makes my heart so happy.
- Speaking of Russ’s birthday, he turns 30 this year. We’re planning to celebrate in October which is shaping up to be a fun and busy month.
- Yesterday I read Lily’s post about infertility. I’ve gotten to know her through blogging and love her heart. If you or a loved one are struggling, I recommend reading. You can also find our story linked in my about section. If anyone ever needs a listening ear, I’m here!
- Do you all prefer Snapchat or Insta stories? I would love to connect with you more, and I am trying to be better about using them. Now I am just confused about where to post…