Today I am sharing my second look from NYFW. It’s hard to pick a favorite, but I love this one because it’s just more fun than a typical look from me. If ever there was a time for fun fashion, it is New York Fashion Week. I’d been wanting a pair of pants like this with the kick flare at the hem and was delighted to find these for under $100. The sheer tunic made the perfect pairing. I like how the longer length worked with the side slit. It isn’t a piece I’d normally buy, but now that I have it I am seeing all kinds of ways it could be worn. I look forward to pairing it with jeans, and I even think it would be cool over a fitted dress. Embroidery is such a big trend for fall, so I think this will be a fun piece.
Saturday I wore this to the Kendra Scott open house and then to the Banana Republic presentation. I’d planned to go to the Rebecca Minkoff after party, but the events were back to back and, well, see number 3 below. I was so bummed. Next time I will just go to the event and assume things won’t start on time or will run longer. I felt so stupid.
NYFW What I Learned
- Arrive with your outfits planned out – I mentioned this on Monday’s post, but I failed to do this and it ended up making everything more stressful. I had hoped to do some shopping while there because, hello, it’s NYC. But having to find all my looks once there was not the way to go.
- Nothing starts on time
- It takes forever to get from one place to another – I had three things back to back on Saturday and missed one because of how long it took to get from one place to the next even though they weren’t that far from each other. If only I’d known number 2 because when I arrived at the third one it started so late I could have totally made the second….
- Don’t put too much stress on your outfits – I did, and I regret it. People are literally in everything from jeans to dressy outfits to crazy outfits. I’m sure whatever you have picked you will be beautiful in and represent yourself well.
- It’s fun – I bet you could have guess that, huh? I loved getting to meet other bloggers I’d interacted with online in person and see ones I’d met previously again. Getting to go to brand meetings and shows is a dream. Plus, NYC is awesome!
- It’s busy – I literally felt like we ran the whole time, and I know I didn’t have that much compared to many bloggers. Next time I think I will try to plan more down time to enjoy the city more. On a related note, I would recommend just picking the things you really want to go to and RSVP’ing no to the others. Another learning experience for me.
- Comparison is inevitable, but you are wonderful – It’s pretty impossible to love fashion, go to the fashion capitol of the US with a ton of other people who love fashion and are doing the same thing you are and not feel some sense of comparison. That doesn’t however mean you are any less. That is what I decided in the end, and if you ever go I hope it is what you decide too.
NYFW Outfit 2: Embroidered Side Slit Tunic with Crop Flare Pants
Join us to share your Style on the Daily by linking up your latest fashion-related posts below! If you link up, we ask that you link back to your hosts Amy Ann and Gina and follow us on the social media platform of your choice. Thank you!