Chelsea boots are really having a moment, and it is for good reason. They are comfortable and warm for those true winter months. The often chunky style can make them a little tricky to style. I’ve shared posts before about how to wear chelsea boots with jeans for women. Be sure to check out how to wear chunky lug sole chelsea boots part I and part II if you are interested. I just got a new pair on Black Friday I am in love with, so I thought I would put together some more outfit ideas for you!
My newest pair is the Sam Edelman Laguna boot which is waterproof and on sale. Such a win!! I love the neutral taupe color though they are available in multiple color options. There is something about the height and width of the boot shaft that makes them ultra versatile! Let’s get to styling them! I am including a few other photos with other boots just for more examples.
How to Wear Chelsea Boots with Straight Leg Jeans
The most trendy way to style Chelsea boots right now is with the equally trendy straight leg jean. After a lot of trial and error, here’s my tips for doing this well.
- DO pick a long, almost full length pair of straight leg jeans. This means they should come close to your ankle bones but not be so long that there is a bend in the fabric.
- DO pick a pair that is on the wider side so that the boots easily fit underneath them.
How to Wear Chelsea Boots with Slim Straight Leg Jeans
Next up is the also popular slim straight leg jean. These are the cross between a skinny jean and a wider straight leg jean and are almost always a cropped length.
- DO pick a slim straight jean with a cropped fit. Aim for it to hit at just above your ankle.
- DO let your boot and jean hem just meet.
- DO NOT let there be bunching. If your jeans and boots are not hitting right, you may need to try a different combo. As I mentioned in this post, so much of what makes any pair of boots and jeans work is the hight of the boot and length of jeans. If you find one isn’t working, switch it up!
How to Wear Chelsea Boots with Wide Leg Jeans
New on the scene this year is a wider leg jean. I am loving this style! They are super comfy and fin to wear. Here are two examples below one with my Sam Edelman pair of boots and one with my Marc Fisher pair. You can use code AMYANN20 for a 20% discount on those. This one is the easiest to wear as the jeans are full length and wide. You just slip your boot underneath like you would any wide leg dress pant and boot you would wear typically. So which is your favorite of the three ways of how to wear chelsea boots with jeans for women??