Have you ever heard of having your colors done or going to a color consult? I kept hearing about it over and over from friends, acquaintances, and other influencers via social media. Finally I decided to take the plunge! It was such a great experience, so today I wanted to share a little bit about what happens at a House of Color Color Analysis Appointment.
What is House of Color
First of, what is House of Color?? House of Color is the system that recognized this color theory and now trains consultants on it to allow for this color consultation process. It has now become a franchise.
What is a Color Analysis Appointment?
Essentially color analysis is the belief that everyone has different colors that flatter them based on the undertones of his or her skin. These colors are grouped by the seasons: autumn, winter, spring, and summer. Your appointment will tell you which season you are and the corresponding colors that are best for you.
What Happens at A House of Color Color Analysis Appointment
So what happens at a House of Color color analysis apportionment? My best friend Emily and I both went together and saw Crystal. If interested, you can book and appointment with here here. You show up without any makeup and no self-tanner.
- You are first draped so that only your face and eyes are visible. Your skin undertone is determined to be either blue based or yellow based. If blue you are either a winter or a summer. If yellow you are either a spring or an autumn.
- From there your trained consultant will determine your season. Emily and I were both springs! It’s fascinating to see the colors on yourself and the difference it makes!
- After your season is determined you will have a “90 second makeup” tutorial. The process takes more than 90 seconds, but the point is to see how great you can look in very little makeup when wearing your colors.
- After the makeup, you will be draped in all the colors of your season to determine your “WOW” colors. This means that out of all the spring colors there are some that are even better on you than others. For example, below you can tell that even though Emily and I are both springs, we have different WOW colors. I am considered a “paintbox spring” and Emily is a “blue spring”.
- You leave with a fan wallet with all of the colors in your season.
My Thoughts After My Color Analysis
Was this helpful? Would I recommend it?
Even as a fashion blogger who loves clothing, styling, and color – YES and YES! Before the appointment, I thought I was probably a spring, but I still learned SO much! Not only was I missing colors in my wardrobe that are my wow colors, but I was getting shades wrong when I purchased them too. I have never bought lipstick colors she recommended for me. Plus, it was fun! The cost is high, so ask for is as a birthday or Christmas present and plan it with some friends!