I am so excited to be partnering with Rent the Runway today to share my wedding look from last weekend. Wedding wear can be difficult, but black tie optional with Rent the Runway is easy. Did you catch my tweet with the hysterical selfie picture?! I don’t know about you, but we attend weddings with primarily the same group of friends. My dress options are to either buy a new one every time or rewear the same dress with the same people. Honestly, neither of these seem very fun. While I have reworn dresses, the fashion lover in me wants something fresh. This is at war with the rational, budget conscious side of me who hates to spend a lot of money on an item I wear so rarely. That’s where Rent the Runway comes in handy! Rent the Runway has a huge selection of dresses ranging from cocktail to floor length gowns you can rent for $30-$100 on average. I rented a black floral Suno designer dress for $100 (retails for $695) and absolutely loved it. The length, fabric, and fit were perfect for the wedding, and I got a ton of compliments on it. Here are some important things to note when going for black tie optional with Rent the Runway:
- You pick to keep your dress for either 4 or 8 days. I selected 4. My dress arrived on Friday night, and I shipped it back on Monday.
- Read the reviews to help with sizing. Real customers submit reviews (including measurements), so you can better determine which size will fit you.
- Pick a backup size for free! I actually ordered the 4 (my usual size) in this dress and the 6 as a backup because some of the reviews said it ran a little tight. While the 4 fit, I was a little more comfortable in the 6, so I wore it.
- Your dress(es) arrive in a garmet bag. After your event, you just zip them up and change out the pre-paid label for an easy return. Cleaning is taken care of by Rent the Runway.
- Long dresses come in lengths. If you are 5’10” or over, I would recommend contacting the customer service to check. I actually ordered a long one time previously (not related to the blog), and it was too short. I ended up returning the dress, and Rent the Runway was great about it.
Black Floral Trumpet Dress: Suno c/o Rent the Runway // All in One Bag c/o GiGi NY // Black Heeled Sandals (SO COMFY and available in different colors): Gianni Bini // Sunglasses: Karen Walker via Ditto’s Endless Eyewear Program (use code STRAIGHTASTYLE for your first month FREE) // Double Ring c/o Kendra Scott
Here’s a couple (poor quality but fun) pictures from the wedding (I took these blog photos earlier the same day). It was a great wedding!