I’m not sure where to even begin when it comes to recapping and sharing my New York Fashion Week experience. It was absolutely incredible. I’m truly just grateful to have gotten to experience it all firsthand. I’m so thankful to the brands who invited me to to be part of their events. I guess I should back up… I never anticipated actually attending NYFW. I figured that was for all the “real” bloggers out there. I’m just some girl from Oklahoma who started doing this rather accidentally and happens to love it. Then I got an invitation to the LuLu*s party and the rewardStyle party. I was so excited and really started considering going. Finally Kendra Scott invited me to their open house to preview the new winter collection. I mentioned it all to my mom – fellow fashion lover, friend, and support system – who totally thought we should go! Since she and I both had airline miles, we decided to make it happen and do a girls trip. Without her, I don’t think I would have had the courage to go. It was so fun to experience it all together!
I decided I would recap my trip by days and outfits. I’m starting with the last day because, to be honest, it’s what I had photos of, which I took when I got home (hence no red lip)! I wore this cream lace babydoll dress from WAYF to the rewardStyle party and the only show I was able to get into, Lie Sangbong. WAYF was kind enough to send me two dresses for fashion week. Ever since I got their shirtdress for our Blogger Nation post, I’ve formed a bit of an obsession with everything they make! The quality is amazing, especially considering the price point (everything under $75-100).
I went in not knowing anything, so I thought I would share what I learned about NYFW:
- If you are at all thinking about going to NYFW, start contacting brands months in advance about attending their show. I was literally emailing them the week of trying to get in (everything requires an invitation). After deciding to go approximately 1.5 weeks before we left, I was just glad we had a hotel and plane tickets! #novice
- Let your blogging buddies know you are coming! This was totally the BEST part about the whole thing. I got to meet soooo many amazing women who I had previously only known over the internet.
- Share information with your friends. The Double Take Girls were soooo kind to me. They added me to a Facebook group of bloggers who were attending and swapping information. It helped so much! I also started texting back and forth with Mary-Katherine, Carylee, Michelle, and Alina. These ladies are all genuinely so nice! I was so grateful to connect with them and meet in person!
- Pack clothes that you are both comfortable and confident in for your events. I ended up buying these amazing shoes from Topshop while in NYC to wear to this event. When everyone else was dying after standing in heels for hours, I was oh so comfortable!
- Be yourself! I know it’s all a little intimidating, but truly everyone was so nice. It made me feel so comfortable.
- Bring business cards and follow-up on Insta with the people you met. It’s fun to form new blogging relationships. If you’re an introvert like me, be prepared to get your talk on!
with Samantha of Bonjour Blue, Erica of Casually Styled, Alina of the Closet Crush, Kaitlin of Blonde Expeditions, and Tyler of Girl Meets Gold
with Erica of Casually Styled and Carylee of More Pieces of Me
with Amber Venz (rewardStyle founder – see her post about the event here) and Kelssey of Styled Blonde
terrible photo of me but with Jillian Harris!
with Whitney and Lindsay of the Double Take Girls and Kelssey of Styled Blonde
Linking Up With: Michelle & Ana / Jenna & Carylee / Lauren / Molly & Carly / Rhea / Whitney / Rachelle & Charnele / Laura / Jess / Kileen & Sandy/ Erin & Laura / Elizabeth / Pumps & Push Ups / Rachel/ Grace / Lindsey / Liz / Alice / Danielle / Sydney / Tara / Linda Lou / Jill & Carrie / Lauren / Jacqueline & Elle / JoLynne / Rachel / Dawn Lucy / Heather / Christine / Adri & Jessica – As always, see a full listing here.