Slimming drape front jacket you can throw on over everything – who doesn’t want that? I actually ordered this jacket at the end of my pregnancy because it flattered the bump, and I knew I could wear it after too. Win! I have another similar style (seen here and here) that I wear a lot, so I knew I would love it. The shape and fit of a drape front jacket really does flatter any body shape and camouflage any area you might want hidden. These jackets are as easy to pair with a blouse as they are a tee and work just as well with jeans as they do trousers for work. I wore this exact look over the weekend to grab coffee with a friend and then again to the NICU when we visited.
Buying pieces like this now at the end of the season is a great time to score them on major sale. I am linking multiple options below including my exact jacket though it has sold out in this color. Many of them are on sale and under $100. If you don’t like the color shown, be sure to still click on the item because most of the ones shown come in other colors.
Also, I wanted to thank you all for taking the survey! It was so helpful and informative for me. The main takeaways I got are below:
- Keep the jeans coming! Whether casual or more dressy, these seem to be your favorite looks.
- Affordable basics that can be remixed seem to be what most of you would like to see – I actually remix items all the time, but I admit I don’t always show or mention it in posts, so I will try to get better at that. I am also trying to post more of my OOTD’s on Instagram stories since not every outfit makes the blog. Are you all liking this? It is a good way to see how I remix things too. I am thinking about making those photos a series. Let me know what you think!
- Hair and beauty tips – I admit this one caught me off guard. I am so flattered, but I feel like I am not very qualified when it comes to beauty. Leave a comment if you would like to see beauty incorporated and give me suggestions as to how or what specifically you want to see.
- More lifestyle/mom life – I’ll work to try to incorporate this as well. Again, I was excited to read this. I often feel kind of silly sharing more personal details figuring you all come for the fashion. I’ll work to figure out a way to share this without losing the clothes too.
- Instagram stories are used more than Snapchat, and I have been sharing more snippets of life there if you want to follow along @straightastyle.
There are a couple of comments I wanted to take the time to respond to just to clarify.
- One reader mentioned I share a lot of sponsored clothing, so it’s hard to know my true style. I can totally understand why it would seem that way. One of the perks of blogging is the free clothes for sure! However, every partnership I have with the exception of a few (which I usually disclose on the post), I select my clothing. Everything you see me wear is my taste. I would never partner with a retailer that did not fit my own personal style. In fact, I have turned down many partnerships for that exact reason. Please rest assured, everything you see here is my taste and style.
- Another commenter said they would like to see what I am wearing in real life right now. This is it! I try really hard to stay true to my life on the blog. If I post something I haven’t worn, I always mention it. It has been slightly harder in this season since I am not getting out much or back to work yet which is why I have shared more casual looks lately. Of course the blog features my favorite looks (and not the leggings and spit up covered tops, ha), but they are definitely still outfits I wear in real life.
Thank you all for being so amazing!!