I recently got this amazing sweater dress at Old Navy which is a new look and linked below. I love it so much because it’s not too short!!! Sweater dresses are so great for the winter. Today I wanted to share some tips on how to wear a sweater dress as well as multiple outfit ideas for sweater dress.
Sweater Dress Outfit Ideas
Besides my full new look, I am rounding up some previous outfits to share some inspiration for you. Depending on your sweater dress and whether or not it has a built in waist, it can be nice to add some interest to your look.
- Wear a scarf over your dress like I am doing with my new grey dress.
- Belt it to give a waist! Two examples shown of this. Leopard sweater dress outfit info here.
- Pair with a long, structured blazer. Pregnant in this one. 😉
- Add a vest. I have shown a sweater vest, but a faux fur is adorable as well!
- Wear tights and ankle boots. Extra points if you do polka dot like I am showing.
- Layer a fun coat and accessories.
- Pair with over the knee or tall boots – this is my favorite as evidenced by the photos.
- If your dress feels a little short like mine below, pair tights or leggings underneath. See full post and outfit details here.