I apologize for the extended absence on this here blog. Truth be told, the Arnolds haven’t been up to much except normal life. I had a work trip last weekend and have had a sinus infection that I was quite dramatic about for a couple of days (poor Russ). What have we been doing?
1. I DO HAVE SOME VERY EXCITING NEWS: I am going to be an aunt for the second time in April!! This time to a precious baby boy named Hayden Michael. Leah and Chris told us at Caroline’s second birthday party but asked me to hold my social media tongue. For this blogging, doting aunt that was quite a challenge, but Chris announced on facebook this week so I am in the clear. I can’t wait to meet this precious little guy and fall in love all over. If he is half as adorable as his sister (who was Princess Leia for Halloween), we are in for it.
2. I have an incredible husband. I know being married to me probably isn’t always the easiest thing (did I just admit that?). He has been so patient with me while I haven’t felt well. While I was gone he cleaned my car and picked up the house. He figured out all of our insurance stuff for us so we could make some changes that would be beneficial for us. He went to the grocery store alone when I just wasn’t feeling like going with him. Besides all he does, he challenges me to be a better person. He is intentional, driven, and thoughtful. I’m grateful God gave him to me and that he loves me so well.
3. Russ has been working on making us some storage boxes that I’ll soon be staining. Full post coming as soon as I get around to staining them.
4. I want all things leather right now: a vest, a brown moto jacket, and a (real) leather skirt. Since leather is sort of an investment, I haven’t yet been able to take the plunge price pricewise. I was in a Nordstrom Rack and an Off 5th during my work trip and didn’t buy a thing. Who am I?? My sweet mother was just kind enough to order me this skirt from Anthropologie which is vegan leather and a great price for the quality. I have been considering buying this vest from Forever21 which I think is a good option for a trendy piece:
5. I am loving our back porch this time of year. It is not lost on me how blessed we are to live in such a wonderful home in such a beautiful neighborhood. I’ve been reminded several times lately to slow down and enjoy this season.
Thanks for letting me ramble. Happy weekend friends! If you think about it, say a prayer for Russ. He is headed to Mexico on a mens construction mission trip soon.